Sunday, August 11, 2013

A little time travel!


On our recent road trip, we hooked up with Joy and her husband Dan.  Joy and I have been friends since our teen years - and we were roommates in college - so it was fun to re-connect in person after a few years of not seeing each other.

She recently sent me these photos - from a bridal shower she gave me in 1967.  Many of the details - it was held in the apartment I shared with Alice and my other roommates - are somewhat "telling."
For starters, all the wall decor really "brings it all back!"  College students all think they have discovered art and celebrity.  And Moyne wearing a fur hat - we were young and silly and given to clowning.  And the short hair - definitely the 60's.  

The two scrapbooks we are holding in the top photo are the "souvenirs" from the shower.  The guests were asked to cut photos and word strips from magazines and predict life for Harry and Barbara.  I still have it of course - a true "blast from the past."

I hadn't seen these photos in many years - maybe I haven't seen them since they were taken!!  Time flies, life happens, we march ahead into the future.

But looking back is fun.

No comments: