Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Ever-fashionable Miss Bonny - with a Y!


I joke around about Bonny being a style maven at a very young age - but it is the truth.  In retrospect, I can see that what she was wearing was always important to her.  As a very young child, she was willing to go with my choices.  At the tender age of 3, she set the ground rules - and those included the dictum that she would choose - and if it itched or didn't "feel" just right, she could not be persuaded to wear it!

I sewed a lot for her.  For awhile, she could not be persuaded to go with anything other than what the pattern showed on the envelope.  If the dress she wanted was shown in red and white gingham, she could not be persuaded to have it in any other color!  She came to understand the limitations of that approach and could later be persuaded to search for other choices!  But she often preferred what they showed it in on the pattern!

There are a number of photos of her as a not-quite-two-year-old - who was still willing to go with my choices - in this particular combination of 70's era crocheted poncho and a Peruvian hat!!  She would laugh when the hat fell down over her eyes!!

The saddle shoes were my choice!!


I think every first child deserves a medal for surviving their parents' efforts at becoming parents!!

No comments: