Saturday, February 08, 2014

Another stairway!! (Besides the Stairway of the Stars!)


I read about "Secret Stairs" in the LA Times a few weeks ago - ordered the book and got excited to try one of the walks out.  So Harry and I headed to Echo Park this a.m.  We were not disappointed either.  Above is a beautiful old Ukranian Orthodox church we came across!  We also had a birdseye view of Dodger Stadium, and a magnificent view of LA!
 

There were varied and beautiful trees, World War I memorial plaques, a "memory" grove dedicated to the fallen, the ruins of an old house - all that was left were the front stairs! - and a shaded sidewalk hidden behind storefronts where several old houses stood.  And there were 5 sets of stairs.  Next time I'll remember to get shots of the stairs!!
 

After, we had lunch at Lot 1 Cafe - and it was good.  I'm excited for our next adventure.  The author rates them on a scale of 1 to 5 - this one was a 2.  Next time I'm branching out and going for 2.5!!

No comments: