Monday, February 03, 2014

Men and Babies


There is a photo of Harry holding Hannah on her blessing day.  It was well after church, and she doesn't have the blessing dress on, but it has always been one of my favorite photos.  I wanted to do a "duplicate" shot of Harry holding Rhoda on her blessing day, but it didn't quite happen - at least I didn't duplicate the pose.  But while I was scrolling through my photos looking for that shot,  I kept coming across other great photos of men and babies - and it seemed like a nice touch for a blog post - especially after our lovely weekend in DC for Rhoda's blessing.
The above is shot of Harry with Bonny - in the Portia Apartments in SLC in 1970.
 

This is a shot of my dad holding my brother Lyn - in 1943.
 

 This is my Grandpa Clayton with my Uncle Paul - in 1915 or 16.
 

This is Harry with a very newborn Eliza.
 

And this is Harry with Esme - at Clocker's Corners it looks like - a few years ago for sure!!
 

A favorite photo of mine of Grandpa Terrill with Hannah - in 1986 - when she had casts on her legs for the foot problems she had as a baby.
 

And here is my dad and Harry holding Phoebe - in 1979.
 

My Uncle Harry holding his son Mark in 1947 I think.
 

A new grandpa!!  Harry with Ara in 1997!
 

My Grandpa Clayton holding Bonny - a 3 generation shot in 1970.  Not sure why we didn't put my dad in the photo - that would have been nice!
 

Harry with holding Bonny and Harry in 1972.
 

Harry holding Noah in 1987.
 

Harry and Theo posing with their matching faux hawks in 2007.
 
 The favorite photo of mine - it's a favorite of both of them, but it really captures how Harry looked then.  In 1985, on Hannah's blessing day.


And the closest  I could get to a duplicate - and maybe a new fave photo??

Men and babies - they go together so well!!

No comments: