Wednesday, December 24, 2014

On the 24th day of Christmas,



it was Christmas Eve.  If I was really on the ball, I'd be able to find the 3 rather bad photos we have of our honeymoon in Santa Barbara.  But I'm not.  On the ball that is!

That was our first Christmas Eve - on our honeymoon in SB. It was a Sunday so we went to church.  We didn't tell people we were newlyweds - but maybe they guessed?  It seemed so other-worldly to introduce myself as Barbara Terrill!

Back in those days, nothing much was open on Sundays - we did find a dingy little restaurant for dinner - Harry asked the guy if I could have a child's plate because I didn't eat much then!  (He said okay.  I think we were the only customers in the place - times were different then!!)

It was beautiful though - blue skies, ocean breezes wafting in through our hotel window, falling asleep to the sound of the surf.  We truly wondered why we were going back to Provo!

But back to Provo we went, and then it was our 2nd Christmas Eve - in the house on 7th North.  And our first tree.  Happy times.

Christmas Eves have been happy times in our lives.

Tonight will be another one!

No comments: