Tuesday, December 09, 2014

On the 9th day of Christmas


When Harry and I chose December for our wedding, Frances came up to me and said, "How could you do this?"  She was sure it was the worst choice for a wedding month! 

It's not terribly convenient for those who are not the bride and groom - I've been the mother of the bride for two December weddings.  But it's really great for the bride and groom, so I really didn't mind!

You spend many years not really being able to celebrate your anniversary, but you can "celebrate" other times.  For several years, Harry and I would go to a hotel in Pasadena for our anniversary - and do all of our Christmas shopping!  It was a great little get away!

December birthdays have their issues too.  But December and Christmas and lights and festivities can be a wonderful backdrop for all kinds of things!


No comments: