Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Getting my groove back!


This is an old staff photo - and it actually has not much to do with my post, but I always like a picture!!

7 months after retiring, I went on my first sub assignment today.  I wondered how I would do, how I would feel, how I would like it.

Well, I think I did fine - no one ran away or got injured or complained to the principal.  I felt fine too - but my feet did hurt.  And I liked it fine.  There is something liberating about being in front of a classroom of students - and knowing that it's a "one night stand!"  (although I am subbing again tomorrow for Marcie - she had a meeting today but was feeling unwell, so decided to take a day to get better.)

Maybe I will get tired of it.  Maybe I will hit some "loser" classes and not enjoy it as much.  But it's fun to see old friends.  It's nice to be back in an atmosphere that I mostly enjoyed.

The money is nice too.

No comments: