Friday, January 30, 2015

"The very willing suspension of disbelief!"


After enjoying Moon Over Manifest so much, and finding out that the author had written another book, I promptly put it on my Kindle - and then started reading it!!

It's a little on the "fantastic" side - that is, you have to "suspend your disbelief" as you dive into the story.

But it's worth the journey to a place of imagination and adventure.

And it's a pretty good demonstration of the mind and nature of autism.  The author says that since the story was set in 1945, she purposely didn't use the word "autism."  But her sensitive depictions of Early's odd behaviors are very enlightening and evocative.

I hope she has some more stories up the proverbial sleeve!!



1 comment:

Karen said...

I think she is a great storyteller. I am also hoping that she has some more to tell us.