Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Summer Fun at the Beach


I was perusing Betsy's blog and noted that they had gone to the beach. And while looking for some other photos, came across this one. One summer - probably 1981 or 2 - Betsy came for a week or so - and we went to the beach.

You can see Bonny stretched out on the boogie board in the background and Harry and Phoebe as well as Betsy. Apparently Besty and Harry had "buried" Phoebe.

I'm sure we went to Will Rogers State Beach. Back in the days after we first moved here, I knew how to find one beach - and didn't venture to any other beaches for a few years.

We used to go to the beach every Thursday - I based this on the fact that we'd bring sand home - and I cleaned on Fridays!

3 comments:

Eliza said...

I do like Harry's crop top.

Also, I think it's funny that you went to Will Rogers instead of, say, Huntington, although maybe traffic wasn't as bad then and it didn't take as long to get to WR as it seems to now (comparatively).

bonny with a Y said...

WR was closer - and less crowded. I tell the kids every time we go down there - this is where I used to go to the beach as a kid. We drove in the Dodge Dart - with no air conditioning, listening to the mighty 690.

Mom always brought food and sang funny words to all the GoGo's songs.

I can't wait for summer!!!!!

hanner said...

I can't wait for the return of the crop top. I hope Harry brings that trend back.