Sunday, October 29, 2006

Help, get me out of here!!


Baby Port a crib 1977
Originally uploaded by grannybabs.
It's 1978 and Phoebe is in the portacrib - the very one that I hauled home from JC Penney in 1970 and I hauled it home on the bus and I was carrying Bonny at the same time. I'm not sure how I did it - but I remember doing it nonetheless. I think lots of kind Good Samaritans helped me along the way.

Here we are at "the property" by Mantuay - went up with the Goulds - had a little picnic as I recall.

I think Phoebe wants out. And the best thing about this portacrib was that no child of ours ever managed to climb out of it without assistance.

2 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

i need it for annika - she not only climbs out of ours - she's ripped a hole in it - now we have a nice duct tape bandage on our crib - lovely.

Karen said...

Phoebe is so cute in this picture!