Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Taking care of number one!


Over the past year or so, I have been given gift certificates for a facial, a massage, a manicure and a pedicure - luxuries that I have heretofore not participated - or should I say - indulged - in.

So I thought I ought to use them - everyone I mentioned this to said something like "I got a gift certificate for a facial two years ago but I've never used it." and I was afraid I would end up in that category.

So Friday I had a facial - and the esthetician persuaded me that I'd want to add the hydration treatment and foot massage for only $10 - so Friday night I was feeling pretty soft-soled and hydrated!! And I truly enjoyed basking in the ministrations of someone so skilled in making me feel pampered and relaxed.

Then Saturday I had a manicure - I'm not really a pedicure person and they said I could use the pedicure for another manicure. I have indulged in manicures, and I enjoy them. Not fake nails, just a paint job - with the pampering ministrations included!

And then today I had a full body massage - very relaxing, yes and I truly enjoyed it - I have had one before and swore I'd figure out a way to make it a business expense and have one monthly!! But that really didn't happen.

I'm ready to settle for a weekly foot massage - it would be cheaper!

So I'm feeling fairly decadent - and I will state unequivicably that I could get used to such a life as this!!

5 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

i would LOVE to have a monthly massage.

i truly believe it improves your health significantly. i believe it so much so that it should be covered by insurance in extreme medical situations, like cancer.

glad you finally got to enjoy them.

traci said...

One day my time shall come. Right now I'm lucky to have ten minutes of quiet! It's amazing how much I value quiet now that I have four children. (And only three of them can talk...)

bonny with a Y said...

but they can ALL make noise.

Eliza said...

I agree with Bonny. Stress can make you sick (or sicker, if you're already sick), and massages can relieve some of that stress.

Plus, just being a normal person can get your body out of whack--like if you work at a computer all day, or are on your feet a lot, or you strain something or are stiff/sore through exercise, or just have bad posture, all of those conditions contribute to sometimes chronic pain. Massage can help all of those.

I've only ever had one facial, but I loved it. I LOVED it. I should get another one. I just get nervous because I have sensitive skin.

The Mom said...

Oh! they feel so good. I need to go and have pampering at least once a month but seem to forget all about doing such until it is late at night and can't call and make an appointment the next morning I move on to other things and forget again. Oh well some day!