Friday, October 27, 2006

A Little "Stroll" Down Memory Lane


Baby Stroller 1973
Originally uploaded by grannybabs.
I started out doing a rather excellent post on baby equipment over the years. And I had researched through my photo stash to find as many shots as I could that included ancient baby gear. There were 9 or 10 of them at last count.

Blogger on Firefox has been having beaucoup problemos, so I went to Internet Explorer and up until I tried to do this post, it worked. But it wouldn't work this time.

So I gave up and went to flickr. But of course, the beginning is now at the end - because I didn't think it all through. And frankly, I'm ready to call it a night, so I'm not going to change it.

So I will just post a photo or two a day until I've got them all done. And when you read this one, you can scroll down and read the next two - and when you get to the last one, you will know how I planned to begin my excellent post that wasn't.

This is Bonny and Harry in 1973, in the backyard of the 4plex we lived in on 10th East in SLC. Joan bought us this stroller when Bonny was born, and it was the Cadillac of its time. It had a detachable car bed - that was very handy for car trips. It also had a wire basket and a canopy that I didn't use very often, because I would have Bonny stand on the back when we went for walks.

We went for a lot of walks in this stroller - especially because we didn't have a car for a while after Bonny was born. And the car bed worked on many levels - when attached to the stroller, it was like a buggy.

I made Bonny's little pink dress - and knee socks were all the rage.

1 comment:

bonny with a Y said...

knee socks are still all the rage.