Monday, April 28, 2008

The Mother of the Bride dilemma:

So, this is the "sparkly" dress - and the cumberbund effect at the waist and the length are very flattering. But the top is sparkly. And the jacket is mother- of - the - brideish looking. But it was on sale, and it's a size 8 and it fits!! (That alone makes me want it - "oh heavens, yes, it's an 8!!)

But, I was brainstorming with a friend, and we thought maybe a dressmaker could put a new top on it and we could chuck the jacket - or put it in the dress up basket. Or give it to the Cornwalls or the Gutierrez's who would find a perfect place for it in a Halloween theme ensemble!


We need Hannah's bridal dress gal - this would be right up her alley. Maybe a brocade or even some kind of lace. The possibilities are endless.


This is the Nordstrom dress that I tried on in a size 8, which was too small, and then ordered a bigger size. (All size 8's are apparently not created equal.) But it's really not long enough - I would have to wear heels and hose to carry it off - trust me on this one. And I'm not up to that.


This is the Coldwater Creek skirt - which is too big - that was a nice change! So I'm going to send for the smaller size and keep looking at tops. Suggestions and referrals are welcome.

This is where I am. I feel like having Hannah choose brown with white polka dots because I have a new dress like that and it's cute, flattering and comfortable.

And I have cute brown shoes that are flattering and comfortable too!


2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm really not looking forward to buying dresses for my kids weddings! The yellow skirt is pretty!

Phoebe said...

Why do you have to wear the Mother of the Bride dress again? Why can't you just enjoy the sparkles and the sterotype and then be done with it?
I like the yellow skirt, but not for the wedding. Too casual.