Sunday, April 27, 2008

Where does the time go??


So, this is not what Hannah and Robbie's invites look like - in fact, they look nothing like this. I included this for contrast. (Okay, so mostly just to have a picture - since Karl says I need short bytes and pics to be readable - what does he know??)

But Melanie's mom brought them back with her from Utah - where she went for Melanie's graduation - congrats Melanie!! - them being the invitations for the wedding.

So I guess I have to get to work. And set up a work station for getting them addressed - hand addressed - we are totally traditional here - but I haven't even finished my Christmas cards!!!

I have a dress and a skirt from Coldwater Creek - they came Friday and Saturday - and I have a dress from Nordstrom - and I'm not excited about any of them.

Well, I kind of liked how the Coldwater Creek dress fit - it was flattering anyway - and Noah said, when I modeled it for him, "Gee, Mom - it, uh, sparkles!!" (this was all said while barely supressing laughter.)

And Dad said, "It looks like all those mother-of-the-bride dresses you've been making fun of." (It is sort of similar - but not completely mother-of-the-bride looking!)

He also said, "Where would you ever wear it again?" (The answer is "nowhere" but maybe I could take it to a consignment shop.)

Why is finding something to wear always such a chore???


4 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

you could go naked - you wouldn't have to worry about wearing it again - and it would be memorable.

bonny with a Y said...

although that might upstage the bride.

Eliza said...

Um, nice idea, Bonny. At least it would fit in with the color scheme? Sort of? Did I just cross an invisible line?

So, can we see a picture of this sparkly Coldwater Creek confection?

My offer stands: if you want to mail me some invites I will address them. It may possibly be counter-productive, counter-intuitive, etc., but I am willing to help.

grannybabs said...

I know you are - and may leave the announcement only ones for you to do - since they don't have a time constraint on them.

I will take a photo of the dress. Jan Marlia said maybe take it to a dress maker and just change to sparkly top - since it's the bottom half that fits well.

It's beige crepe - empire waisted, so I could get some co-ordinating crepe or something.

I'm just brainstorming - but it might work - and since I got the dress on sale - at a bargain price - it might even make financial sense.