Sunday, May 24, 2009

At least they will still feed me when I'm 64!!


And feed me they did - Greg did tri-tip, Dad cooked potatoes and veggies and Bill made the gravy. Of course Dawn did the Mimi Cake honors - and it was a good one - chocolate with white chocolate mint filling - yum (topped with quartered York Peppermint Patties - Dawn sure knows how to tempt the palate!) Grandma Terrill was not feeling well, so stayed home, but Susanne brought a fruit salad.

Only in our tiny little house would you find that someone ran out of room in the kitchen, so they put the fruit bowl in the bathroom!


Dawn and Susanne supervised the kidlettes at the kitchen table - and then enjoyed the peace and quiet when the all ran out to play!


I can always count on a hug from Eve!


Dad outdid himself with the wrap job - he really has a knack!! Click on it to see what it says!!
(It's certainly "green!")


Inside was a lovely pitcher and bowl - vintage too.


Eliza, Hannah and Bonny gave me a baking stone - it can be for pizza but you can bet that I'll be using it for bread!! I'm anxious to try it out! Also came with an "Epicurean Peel!" Send on the recipes, folks!


I had to hustle to blow out my candles - Baby Harry almost beat me to it!


Noah, explaining the fine points of vintage action figures to Baby Harry!


Did some "group shots" of the attendees!


Porter is into not having his picture taken!


Dad got little Harry a Boston fleece at the LA Marathon Expo Saturday. (They are both running it on Monday - hope they take pics of each other - Dawn and I are waiting it out at home for this one!!)


Greg - the honorary Terrill!! It wouldn't be Sunday dinner without Greg!


Eve's latest fave is Mouse Tales - and she will read it to anyone who will listen! (I personally love Mouse Tales myself!)


Angela tackled the wooden puzzle - took some time, but she did it! (After her dad gave up!)


The Clayton Girls!!


Bill with Angela and Alyssa (who enjoyed Dad's iPhone and its games!)


Once again I garnered an impressive array of cards!!


It was a great day - enjoyed a lengthy chat with Hannah too - thanks everyone for assuring me that you will "still need me when I'm 64!!"

4 comments:

Diane said...

It looks like it was a wonderful celebration and a nice day. You make 64 look really, really good!

bonny with a Y said...

i cannot tell you how sad i was to miss this event. bruce had already invited a bunch of people over for dinner. it seems i have been missing a number of family events lately - time to get with the program i guess.

glad you had a fun birthday and celebration.

The Mom said...

Who is Greg? I figured out who Bill was after looking at the pictures. Glad your day was very nice and festive. 64 is not so bad, 68 seens alot older, sometimes I feel it, other not.
Love and miss you.

grannybabs said...

Greg joined the church 5 years ago - and since he doesn't have much family, we just adopted him - he's a regular fixture at Sunday dinner.