Friday, June 12, 2009

Ah, youth!


Hannah made reference on her blog to her experience at Missionary for a Day when she was 16. I don't think she's 16 here - but maybe she's close. She referred to a short haircut.

She and Melanie do indeed look young - but then they were young(er)!

My kids always look to me like they do right now - when I see older photos, I think, "Gee, did they look like this?" I started noticing this as Bonny grew - she was always just where she was at the moment - my memory bank had to be jogged by photos.

Maybe everyone does that.

1 comment:

hanner said...

ah, this picture has a great story. 1) i was 17 and this is RIGHT before i got my braces off and just as my short short hair was growing out. 2) i was 17 for missionary for a day, by the way. 3) i asked charlie calderon (in the pic) to prom and he basically said no. good thing i just turned out to be a late bloomer instead of a general failure.