Thursday, June 18, 2009

First day of Summer Vacation!!

This is what the last day of school looks like - periods 29 minutes long, room pretty much "packed up" and kids doing puzzles and Connect Four.

I also taught them to play "Mormon Poker" but called it "One-Eyed Jacks" instead.


One of my 8th graders brought me flowers!!


This is how it looked as I walked out on Wednesday - this is Mrs. Thomas' old room - for Bonny's sake, this was also Mrs. LaBreque's room.


The Jacaranda are in bloom - usually a sign of spring, but we've had lots of "June gloom" for several weeks now, so some things are blooming later.


This 214 Hillcrest - Hartmann's old house - minus the giant pines that have been there for forever - but no more - when you turn right on to Hillcrest now, it really looks like something is missing!


The garden is flourishing - we will be eating produce soon!!


The deer have left my roses alone for sometime now - but I still wish I had lots more of them.


I went to the doctor - who said my residual pain is arthritis - yikes!! And tomorrow is my last p/t appt. - I'm going to start swimming and going to the Y - to get fit!!

Went to lunch at Wangs - new location on Lemon - with Norma. Fed the elders a "Barbara Meal" - and they seemed to enjoy it.

Need to plan what to pack to go to Portland.

Am helping Sue C. with a shower for J.J.'s bride-to-be.

Sent out a plethora of cards - b-day, graduation, Father's Day, general good will - I am getting caught up!

I may even finish the Anniversary Posts!! (No promises though!)

And I got an email saying they might be using my letter to the editor in the LA Times.

I'll let you know if they do!!


1 comment:

grannybabs said...

They didn't - but I got farther along in the process than I usually do.

I will have to look for another issue that concerns me, I guess!