Saturday, May 19, 2012

A pretty good read -


I have read a number of Anne Tyler novels - I like her style, kind of understated and quiet.  But very emphatic at the same time.  This is a story about a man who loses his wife - and how he comes to deal with the loss.  An interesting take on grief and resolution.  There's a contractor in the story too - and a remodel!

I mostly find that people either like her writing or they don't.  There are lots of similar "threads" in all of the novels of hers that I have read.  But I find comfort in continuity and sameness, hence I like it.

If you've read it - or her other books - let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I haven't read this book, but I have read others of hers. I like her writing style. I will keep my eyes out for this one. Thanks for the tip.

grannybabs said...

You're welcome to come and borrow my copy!