Monday, May 28, 2012

In memory


I was thinking, on this Memorial Day, about people in my life who have died.  At first I was thinking there weren't that many, but as I scrolled through my photos, there were lots of faces that are no longer in my life.  Like my Uncle Steve.  So many memories from my childhood.
 

Bill and Margaret - my dad's cousins - they owned a clothing factory - and sent us the "seconds" and it felt like Christmas when the box came.

My sweet Aunt Audrey - I'd sleep over at her place to spend the weekends with Harry after we got engaged.
 

 My Uncle Harry - reclusive and a bit prickly - but a good man.


My Grandpa Stevens - a wonderful grandpa - will never forget the Christmas Day he taught me to roller skate.
 

Jim Terrill - we miss him all the time.
 
 My Grandma Stevens - a caring woman, who had the courage to change her life at a point when many would have not bothered.


My dad - at the shop - where else?  A good man who figures prominently in our lives still.
 
 Grandma Connie - what a blessing in all of our lives.  She used to say that she had to keep learning.  If you stop learning she said, you'd get old!

 Grandma Helen, Uncle Ted - not a lot of memories, but they are all the more precious.

 My Grandpa Clayton - a man who was often "larger than life" in our eyes.  And a pretty good magician too!

 Charlie Graham - his spirit is still with us!


Ronnie Horton - a one of a kind kind of guy!!
 
  
Roger Menlove - and we miss having Launa living here in Monrovia!


Grandmother Taylor - a fine woman, gracious to the end.
 

Aunt Dorothy - a favorite aunt!!
 

Uncle Paul - everyone's favorite!
 

Baby Jonah - always in our hearts!  And seeing Karla in the photo reminds me that we miss Adam and David.
 

Bamam - no photo of Budd - but we loved having the chance to know both of them.


Bill - we miss him!

There are certainly others - if I sat down and scrolled through my life, there would be many - people whose lives touched mine - who are no longer here.  

It's probably a good idea to reflect on this more often!

No comments: