Friday, June 29, 2012

"I often go walking . . ."


I try to walk often - but it often doesn't happen!!  I have discovered that unless I am walking to a destination or I am meeting someone, I usually won't end up walking!!
 

So I have been thinking of places to walk each morning - during the school year I can often persuade myself to walk to school - the post office, the market,  the library.  Unfortunately, except for the post office, most places don't open until 9 or 10 - and then it's a little warm.  (I also often sleep in during the summer - which gets me up later too!)

So I have noticed the shade much more often.  And plan my routes based on how much shade is on that street!!

Today was no exception - and I found myself thinking about how hard it would be to walk in the sun all day!!  I'm pretty sure there was not much shade on the plains!!

This is the time of year to remember the pioneers - and applaud them for their strength and perseverance.  Hence the photos from a Pioneer Day celebration at Eisenhower Park some 10 or 15 years ago.  I was asked to be Sister Friendly at the party - a task I did monthly in Primary - hence my very cool Sister Friendly apron - and being the over-achiever I was then, I made a pioneer dress too.

It still fits!!  Guess I will keep walking!!

No comments: