Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Packing up to go somewhere!


This photo is from 1968 - I posed dramatically coming out of the powder room in our house on 7th and 7th in Provo.  And it has little to do with anything, but I always like to include a photo!!

I am getting ready to go out to my mom's house to spend the night.  Alice is here,  and we are heading out to Bonny's in the a.m.  Donna has taken the day off, and whenever Alice comes, she likes to visit the beach!!  As Leslie always says, "You can take the girl out of California, but you can't take California out of the girl!"

I sometimes spend the night at my mom's, and I decided that I should have a toiletries bag that I only took when I traveled - with all the things I always need and want to have with me.  I thought, "I won't have to pack each time - I will just grab this bag."

So I trundled off to CVS and purchased the items - it was not a cheap proposition.  When we went to Yosemite last week, I grabbed my bags and thought I was one slick chick for figuring this all out.

Alas, I had forgotten one item - a make up brush that I depend on.  So I bought a toothbrush and just used it to separate the lashes when applying mascara.  It worked fine.

But I discovered that your daily makeup and toiletry items are like old friends - and getting used to new ones can be a pain.

I'm wondering about the clothing items stored in my 72 hour flee kit - will I not be comfortable because the clothes are not old friends?

Well, someone has to worry about these things!!

No comments: