Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Day Two - Plenty to Be Thankful For:


 I am grateful for my daughter Bonny. She made me a mom - and there is something about that distinction that is really significant. She takes her role as oldest sibling very seriously too - and I am grateful for that also.

We learned a lot together over the years. I wasn't much of  a seamstress, but my mom would give me remnants of fabrics and I would make clothes and doll clothes for Bonny.  I recall how delighted she would be when I had her try something on - she never saw the mistakes - or if she did, she never mentioned them. She was always pleased with my efforts. For many years, she really would not take a store bought dress - I recall her high school homecoming - I was pregnant with Noah maybe or Hannah - anyway, I did not feel up to sewing - I said, "Let's go buy a dress." We shopped - and her dad took her shopping too - there wasn't anything she liked. She ultimately went with a dress that was too expensive - and that she never wore again - in fact, I gave it to my sister Mary - and when I asked Harry why he'd spent so much he said, "I was too tired to keep shopping - I was willing to go with anything!"

And so I developed a talent - one that would probably have not gotten developed without her participation! I made her wedding dress - really the last dress I made for her - but it was a lovely experience - one I am grateful for.

Bonny - what a wonderful daughter!



No comments: