Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Plenty to Be Thankful For: Day 30


 Month of Gratitude, day 30:  It seems so fitting to end the month with memories of our beloved Charlie Graham, who died 19 years ago today. He was a blessing in all of our lives - a blessing we have sorely missed over the years.

But he left a beautiful family - and they are a blessing in our lives. I remember a month or so before he died, he got up in Testimony meeting and said he wondered "Why me?" Then he went on to say,  Why should I have such a wonderful wife and family?  Why should I be privileged to live on the earth now? Why was I so fortunate to find the gospel?  Why did I have the great blessing of being sealed to my family? Why did I get to become a grandpa?

We all learned a great lesson that day. And I for one have never forgotten that lesson.


No comments: