Monday, January 24, 2005

Monday, Monday, Can't Trust That Day!

It's the Mamas and the Papas - hardly a Monday goes by in my life that that refrain doesn't flash through my brain at least once. Good thing there aren't songs like that for every day of the week!

I keep losing students - even difficult ones! It has given me a whole new lease on life - I want to get creative - I'm even looking into taking my students to Citrus College for a production of "Music Man." We could ride the city bus out to the college - I did call and leave a message to see if any tickets were still available. I will keep you posted.

The students I'm losing have all moved - and the district said no to requested transfers!! Hooray!! (They haven't always done that in the past.) Two were problem children - poor behavior that made you want to turn them over your knee and spank them. One was just very low -and her parents are in major denial about it - so it was hard to see her struggle so much when she would not have to struggle if her parents didn't have such a problem with the label she would need to have to access the help and placement she needs.

Noah stayed home sick today - last Monday there was not school - and next Monday is a pupil free day - Noah stays home but I have an in-service - then February has 2 Mondays off - he may get used to a 4 day weekend!

Maybe we will make pretzels for FHE. After the girls made them at the Grandma's Slumber Party, Noah commented "I thought they were crunchier!" They usually are - the girls just didn't want to limit themselves to pretzel shapes - so they made some rather thick ones - tasty but not pretzelly (is that a word?!)

3 comments:

Eliza said...

City bus? Is that allowed?

How about "Saturday is a Special Day"? That one hits me on Saturdays sometimes.

grannybabs said...

Teaching Special Ed. kids to ride public transportation is considered the height of "au courant" but I fear that there are no seats left, because the lady has not called me back.

My class ended tonight!! Yea!! (and the next one doesn't start until Feb. 10th!!)

hanner said...

Funny... my college just did a production of the Music Man. First time I'd ever seen it. And it was really good! "But he doesn't know the territory!!" The gal that played Mayor Shinn's wife (and the mayor himself) stole the show. And so did Charlie... he be in my ward. Good show!