Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Tuesday Night After Class

I complain about my classes - the ones I have to take anyway - but in truth there is something comfortable about going to class each week. And I don't have to fix dinner either!!

Now the classes I teach are another matter - I have finally encountered the Student from Hell. He appears to have no redeeming qualities - even his mother doesn't seem very fond of him. I know I am on the wrong track here and need to repent. But this boy seems beyond helping - and he is rude and obnoxious and the other kids are scared of him to boot! (He is a little shrimp too - I could take him over my knee and give him a few swats with ease - but he still has this power.) I've tried positive reinforcement -which worked for 2 weeks - then he got tired of dong the right things, I guess. The negative reinforcement hasn't worked either. He gets suspended about every other day!! I hope to have a more positive spin to report soon!!

No comments: