Tuesday, March 04, 2008

More sorrow to report

We got a call Sunday about the untimely death of a former ward member - Celeste Coleman - she was Phoebe's age, and one of my Beehives.

This was at a sewing activity we had - we made shorts and modeled them at a Homemaking Night Fashion Show. I think Phoebe has the photos from that event.


We finished things up at the church. These photos are from 1989 I think.

I have just been dealing with so much death - not family - except for my Aunt Audrey - but people whose lives are connected to ours.

I am reminded of a comment Carolyn Maxwell made - her daughter died after giving birth to her 7th child, her best friend died of cancer 2 years after marrying a high school sweetheart in a fairy tale 2nd marriage, and her toddler granddaughter was accidently run over by a truck.

She said, "I told the Lord, enough!"

There are lessons in all these tragedies - and I'm sure they will become apparent over time.

But for now they are sorrowful and sometimes oppressive to reflect upon.

1 comment:

Amy Girl said...

I will remember your friends comment: enough!

I like it, but hope I won't have to use it, or use it much.