Wednesday, March 12, 2008

More Wedding Belles!!

So this was my roommate Marlene's wedding in September of 1965 I think. (At least it's the lineup of the lovely bridesmaids.)


She was from Los Alamitos - a place I'm actually familiar with now but had never heard of then! I remember the ride out to the reception in Krenz's car with Joy, of course. It was hot and most cars didn't have A/C, and his certainly didn't!

And Marlene had had knee surgery and had a huge cast under her dress! And they had their reception the night before the wedding - so they could just take off for their honeymoon after the wedding!

The headgear is pretty fetching - it was very au courant! I'm just a born fashionista I guess!

4 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

this i love - when i first saw this pic i thought - this is "gidget goes bridesmaiding"

and i think we should seriously consider the reception the night before plan for hannah

Heather said...

You have sure been in a lot of weddings!

grannybabs said...

Actually I was only in my brother Lyn's, my sisters Joan and Alice, and two of my roommates.

After awhile my mom said the married siblings with kids couldn't be attendants.

And my other roommates got married out of state.

I did a collection of pretty useless dresses though. I tried cutting them off to street length - long dresses for church wear were not in vogue yet - but they just never got away from looking like old Mormon bridesmaid dresses!

Eliza said...

Hmmm...I do love the bows...I don't think as a bride I would have enjoyed a night-before reception. I was so nervous the night before. I could barely eat at the dinner we had. But after my wedding I felt great and had lots of fun at the reception.