Sunday, March 09, 2008

Where do all the years go?

There was a bridal shower for Michelle Moore a week ago - she is getting married this Saturday. Here is a shot of Sue, Bonnie and Jennifer. Sue gave the shower.

And I should have had Jennifer in this shot, because these are girls who were "mine" - at least I was their Young Women leader at some point - Sayde, Michelle and Melissa. (P.S. Jennifer had her baby on Friday!!)


And here's a shot of the "old ladies" - me with Denys Lytton, Donna H. and Helen M. We are all definitely older - and we were older than anyone else there! (What does that say??)


Got a phone call yesterday that Jean Henderson died. Harry and Bonny probably remember her as the crossing guard at Clifton. She did that for many years. She told me often that Harry showed up every day - late! (And he never got reprimanded for it - his homeroom teacher was Mr. Kelly - he either didn't notice or didn't care - or both!

I can't put my hands on a photo of her - she was 89 and did die peacefully. But it's the passing of a time and place. And there have been so many lately in our ward.

Just reflecting on life and how it changes - and then changes some more. And I wanted to post the photos from the shower.

Next year we will have been here in Monrovia for 30 years! I've never been anywhere else for than long!

1 comment:

bonny with a Y said...

bruce and i feel the same way about malibu - we've lived here 11 years - and we've never been ANYWHERE that long, even as children.