Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Gotta love that girl!


Eve called me tonight:

Eve: Grandma, you want to come to Cherry on Top with us?

Me: We haven't had dinner yet and Grandpa is not home.

Eve: Well, just put his dinner on the counter and leave him a note that says to warm up his dinner and just come with us.

Me: Well, I really should wait until he gets home and I have to make dinner still.

Eve: Oh, just open some soup.

Me: Well, it's my job to take care of Grandpa, so I should really be here with his dinner ready.

Eve: You take care of Grandpa? Isn't he older than you? He looks older than you.

I do love Eve's ability to "cut to the chase!!"

3 comments:

Phoebe said...

So funny! I love her suggestion to "just open some soup". She obviously knows you well:)

Heather said...

She knows how to schmooze!

Jacob said...

SO you did not answer ... did you go with her and leave grandpa to fend for himself?