Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Just a year ago -


It seems impossible, but we were in South America - Chile to be exact - a year ago at this time!!

Why do I always reflect on the passage of time? Maybe because it really seems to be flying by.

I have had a lazy lovely week - I was feeling like I'd really been doing nothing - but then thought about how I'd gone swimming every day, doing physical therapy for my knees. And I've made 3 aprons and cut out 4 more. And I had a planned meal for dinner every night this week (that might not be impressive to you, but take my word for it, it is!!), and I finished one Newbery novel - but instead of starting another one, I got distracted and read an adolescent novel that was on the "New Reads" shelf at the library - where I had gone to get more Newbery books. (I finished the distraction - it was quite good - Flight by Elizabeth Ellison - about a boy who can't read.) But I've started Criss Cross. And I started writing the talk I have to give in Stake Conference on August 22nd. And of course, I've blogged and emailed and played a little Solitaire! And I visit taught one of my sisters.

So I haven't been such a slouch - but there has been a lot of time that could have been productive.

And "finish anniversary posts" has been on my "ToDo" list for almost 2 years now - and I haven't even begun to tackle it - but I don't want to give up!! Yikes!

And "Sort photos" has been on my list. And "finish the little dress for Ida" is on there too.

And now I have jury duty tomorrow - so I won't be getting many items on my "ToDo" list done - and what if I get put on a trial?

At least I'm all rested up!

2 comments:

Katie said...

That sounds like a very productive week to me, especially when you are still recovering.

I LOVE my apron. I wore it last night while I cooked dinner and did laundry. Thank you so much!

Diane said...

I like to think "it was a year ago that we were..." I agree with you, times goes by so quickly. The day to day occasionally seems to take a v-e-r-y long time but the big picture is consistently right on track. Or even early, it sometimes seems. It was 2 weeks ago when one of us said to the other, "It is hard to believe that we arrived in Tucson two years ago." So much has taken place in our lives since then. It has been a true adventure - one that is just beginning, I am sure.