Wednesday, October 07, 2009

The Heritage of the Women of October!


I've posted this shot before, but it was taken at Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary party. The older woman in the picture was Sister Lieshman (I may have the spelling wrong) - and she was a Laurel advisor of mine. She always sent me notes about my accomplishments at school, or talks I'd given, or things she'd observed about me. I even have them stashed away somewhere.

She's the reason I write notes!

And I look at Bonny and Phoebe - and Eliza for that matter - and think about what they have added not only to my life, but to our family and to the lives of those with whom they interact.

The best gift of all is a life well-lived.

3 comments:

fstephenson said...

(Joan)
Who was the other woman in the picture?

grannybabs said...

Her daughter.

Amy Girl said...

Well said Barbara.