Sunday, October 11, 2009

Late Night Thoughts


Anna May posted this thought last week with the daily "Need to Know" memo:

"Memory is a complicated thing, a relative to truth, but not its twin."

Barbara Kingsolver

I was recounting the story about Bernie to some colleagues. I am often dismayed after telling the story when the listener equates me with Mother Teresa or something - because the way I remember it, I didn't really do a good job with this whole situation.

But when I see where Bernie ended up - I think, well, maybe we were just a step on the path, and someone had to start where it was pretty hard and not liable to be an easy way.

The truth is somewhere in-between.

And I tell the story to emphasize how important it is to intervene.

And the photo of Bernie and his bride seems to be a good "rest of the story."


1 comment:

Leslie said...

glad to hear about Bernie. Leslie