Friday, August 17, 2012

72 years


Today is my parents' 72nd wedding anniversary.  They were married on August 17, 1940 in Huntington Park, California.  After their wedding, they drove to Salt Lake City where they were sealed in the temple.  I think it was 3 or 4 days later.  They did things differently back then - they thought it was not fitting for a young unmarried couple to drive all the way to Utah alone!!

This photo was taken in Los Angeles  on Sunday, April 17, 1938.  Ruth MacMurrin was the photographer!!

I love everything about this photo - the buildings in the background, my mother's dress, her hair do, my dad's suspenders - and the white shoes!

And I love everything about my parents and their long, productive years together - they would have been married 60 years the year he died.

Happy Anniversary to a great pair of parents!!

No comments: