Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday Night With PBS!!


Way back in 1976,  Harry and I started watching The Pallisers on PBS.  We'd get the kids in bed - the kids at that time were Bonny and Harry - and we were living in Harris' house in Centerville.  They had a lovely finished basement with a nice big - for that time anyway - television - and we'd snuggle on the couch to watch the weekly episodes of the famous Anthony Trollope novels.

We loved it - I even bought the complete set of the novels the series was based on.  And never read a one of them!!  I actually got rid of them last year.  Don't tell any of my English major friends!!

You may wonder why I share this.  Well, someone has my number - and sent me an email that the complete set of the series - in DVD - was available at a discount!  I could not resist.

Pardon me while we watch episode 1 - I will let you know how it was!!

No comments: