Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Unphotographed - but not forgotten!


For some reason, there are no baby pictures of Charles or Mary.  This might be the youngest shot of Charlie.  This is taken in the back of the "little house."  That window no longer exists - but it was a major part of my life growing up in the little house. 

One summer I had severe nose bleeds and had to take a nasty tasting medicine and spend most of the day lying on my back in the room that window was part of.  I could hear all the fun going on outside - and probably snuck out of bed and went to the window to see what was going on.  Or maybe I just yelled out now and then.  It felt like it was all summer, but it just might have been a week - or a day!  Mom only has vague memories of it.  I was under 8 years of age I think.  

The dress I'm wearing is green and white striped - I loved it - and wore it a lot.  There is something about a play dress, rather than shorts or pants.  The dress had a cute little jacket too.  I think my mom made it.  The little toy on the table was red - and I truly remember it.  Charlie looks like a little redneck or something - but I'm sure he was just busy playing all day and not worrying about cleaning up!!  He may have something in his hand - and looking closely I wonder if it's an ice cream cone?  We didn't get those often though.

 

This shot is me, Alice, Charles, and Richard - and this may be the youngest shot of Mary.  The side of the little house is in the background.  Mary was often sick as a child.  She had some health issues and was often in bed in the daytime - at least I remember it that way.  But she looks hale and hearty here!!

I bet this photo was taken on a Monday - because my hair is still curly - and it only got curled for Sunday!

Charlie could usually be found with a toy gun and holster on his hip!!

No comments: