Saturday, February 28, 2015

Ahead of schedule!


Apparently some folks are making it a goal to read one book a week.  A noble goal - I suspect I exceed that goal every year, since I'm known for reading when I ought to be doing other things.

So I wrote down all the books I've read this year - which is pretty easy for me to do also, since I've either blogged that I read it or it's in my Kindle library!!

And with finishing Back When We Were Grownups I have read 10 books in 2015 - since there have only been 8 weeks in the year so far, I am ahead of the game.

The novel - another one by fave author Anne Tyler - was slow starting, but by the time I finished, I was enjoying it.  The main character had lots of qualities I could identify with.  And she was the caretaker of assorted children, stepchildren, and grandchildren.  She also took care of her almost 100 year old father-in-law - and his 100th birthday party was the culminating event in the story.

Some Anne Tyler books are better than others.  But this one was an enjoyable read.
 


No comments: