Tuesday, February 03, 2015

"Moonlight becomes you, it goes with your hair. . ."


"Moonlight Becomes You" is a tune written for one of the famous Bing Crosby/Bob Hope Road movies, Road to Morocco.  And of course, Bing Crosby sang it.  To Hedy Lamar.  I love the song.

We have a skylight in our bedroom.  There are those in the family who suggest that it's not a good place for a skylight.  They say you are supposed to go to sleep in total darkness in order to get optimum sleep.

I grew up sleeping under a window that had a streetlight shining into it.  And I never had trouble sleeping.

I lived in a dorm in the basement my first year of college - but the streetlight shone through that window too.

I've slept adequately, for many years, under all kinds of lighting and darkening conditions.  (Actually pitch dark kind of creeps me out!!  But a blinking light will disturb me - like the one when you are charging your toothbrush!)

All this intro to let you know that I am loving the full moon these past days - love falling asleep bathed in moonlight.

Wish the photo above was really our view of the moon at night.

But it's close!

And wish I knew how to link to a YouTube video of Bing Crosby serenading Hedy Lamar!

No comments: