Friday, April 07, 2006

Friday night - it wasn't always like this - in fact it hasn't been like this for a number of years!!


Dad and I went shopping and to dinner tonight - then we had to go pick up the elders at the street fair. Pretty exciting! (at least I didn't have to cook - funny what thrills you as you get older!!)

This is one of my all-time favorite photos of the two of us. If there had been a tradition back in 1967 of including photos in wedding invites, this would have been my choice. (I don't know when that tradition began - it wasn't around in '67!)

This was at a "crepe party" - sort of like a fondue party but much better! We were quite the socializers in our BYU days. The party - held at Campus Plaza - was a huge success - when I find the other photos taken there, I will include them. It will be a highlight of your day I am sure!!

I still like crepes, still love Dad, and once again have short, chemically lightened hair!

4 comments:

Eliza said...

I really like your shirt, Mom. That's a bow at the collar, right? I'm also a fan of the velveteen skirt or whatever that is. Velvet. Velour.

grannybabs said...

It was green velvet - and it belonged to MarDel. The shirt was a fave too - but after I got married, I didn't wear it - it was too sheer - they didn't have "shades" then. I was a fan of bows at the neckline - had quite a few of them.

bonny with a Y said...

i really like this picture too.

hanner said...

Maybe I'll look back on waffle night with the same sort of nostalgia.

But no velvet skirts.