Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Her Royal Highness


Another random photo - just to let everyone know that I had a secret life as a beauty queen!!

I've probably told this story many times - but I love to tell it anyway. One year when I was in the 11th grade - it would have been A11 - we made a rule in Student Council - I was always in Student Council - that you had to have a 3.5 or better to be on the Homecoming Court.

Homecoming was kind of a misnomer - when I started at GHS, it was the year the school started too - so there really was no one to come home!

But any excuse for a dance and a date and getting your hair done!

And after that, they did away with the GPA requirement - but for one brief shining semester, the geeks ruled the royalty!!

Don't you love the bouffant do??

We did!

1 comment:

D. Scott said...

Yes, I love it!

A 3.5 would rule a lot of people out in this one horse town.