Monday, March 30, 2009

"Shoes, glorious shoes . . .


So, I complain a lot about how Dad lines up his shoes against the wall - in spite of the lovely shoe shelves I have gotten for him. He may do it just to spite me for hanging door hooks over doors to hang clothes on. (I also hang clothes up on curtain rods, door knobs and window ledges.)

Everyone knows this story, but when I was a girl, and we lived in the "little house" we didn't have closets - well, maybe there was one. So we used the windows and the curtain rods thereon as closets. I've always thought it was kind of efficient. And it's a habit too.


Maybe this passion to "line up" stuff is on a Terrill gene too - this is photo from 1995 - I'm guessing they are Eliza's shoes.

I guess Dad could have worse habits. But when he pokes fun at my proclivity to hang things on doors and knobs and curtain rods, he sounds pretty sincere!

2 comments:

hanner said...

That second picture is actually half my shoes, half Eliza's. (Her side is the grape slippers side.) We were comparing how many shoes we owned. And I must say, in 6th grade, my shoes sure were ugly.

hanner said...

Also... Dad's little line is very tidy. You should be very grateful, since I know that some husbands don't take such good care with their shoes.