Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Why family matters!


Had a voice mail from Amy when I got home today. I was on the couch all afternoon, nursing my poor, pitiful knees, so figured I had the time to call her back. She was interested in my take on a new sewing machine - and I like to think I gave her some good advice. Ask me for advice, and I will give it!

As we visited, we both re-affirmed our belief that the family blogs are a good thing. They erase distance and help us feel closer to one another.

I loved visiting with her - a bright spot in my day - and I thought about how I miss the family members I don't have much contact with.

Family does matter - a lot!

Thanks for the visit Amy - and the chance to dispense advice - makes me feel like a grown up!

(The shot is from June, 1970 - when Frances, Ernie and Amy came to SLC - and we celebrated Ernie's 30th birthday - Harry and I were thinking 30 was so old - that's pretty funny!)

6 comments:

Amy Girl said...

Barbara, it was lovely chatting with you, and yes you did dispense some much needed advice on sewing machines. I plan to use it all. I will do my best to procure a machine soon. Very soon I hope, so I can tell you all about my adventure when I see you on Easter.

I hope your knees are getting better. I forgot to even ask. Sorry!

I totally look like a boy in that pic.

D. Scott said...

I remember that trip. Karen and I got to stay at Grandma's.
The pool and summer lunches, can't beat it!

The Mom said...

Oh how time flies. Barbara you have such order to your pictures. I love it! I remember so well the visit. the pictures you put on are some where, at least the ones of my family, in my picture box or given to the children. Memories oh how nice.

Karen said...

I love that picture of Amy. She looks so concerned. I'll have to find out what machine Amy decides to get. I've been contemplating a new machine myself.

grannybabs said...

Call me and I'll give you advice!!

Heather said...

I need a new machine too, mine died and I am using a friends right now.

I love chatting with family. I am excited to see you soon.