Tuesday, August 18, 2009

History repeats itself!!


Donna is actually no stranger to falling and breaking bones.

When she was three, she did just that. The picture below is with Bobby.


The great irony was that Mom had been fussing at Dad to get carpet in the "big" house - she was sure someone would fall and crack their head open on the concrete floors. And here Charley is holding her on his shoulders.

So Donna slipped on the carpet, landed funny on her leg, and broke it! (Speaking of legs - those are my legs in the photograph!)


She hated to have her picture taken - and we couldn't figure out why - until we remembered that the technician had told her that the X-rays would not hurt - they were just going to take a picture! So she associated the pain of the broken leg with taking a picture.

I think all this happened the summer Mom was pregnant with David - who was born in August - imagine having your 3 year old with a broken leg when you are 8 months pregnant!

Happy healing Donna - take care!!

3 comments:

Alice said...

My recollection was that she slipped on a comic book. The boys were really into comic books and left them all over the house.

grannybabs said...

I knew it was something like that.

Donna said...

According the bill and bobby they were playing with me and I was on Bill shoulder and Bobby was chasing him and he slipped and I fell. Joan said mom was gone so she just put me to bed and the next day I would not put any weight on my leg and when she got home from work I had a cast on.