Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up


Saturday dawned a little overcast, but it burned off quickly. Noah and I headed out to GH to say hi to the invalid and to help them clean up and restore order after all the guests checked out. It's fun to have folks over, but it always means a clean up job afterwards!


Noah did the bathrooms, kitchen and vacuumed - as an ace bathroom cleaner myself, I can say he did a great job. My knees prevent me from getting down to clean, Donna was laid up, Mary went to San Jose to see Kelli's and her new baby - and Mom was just plain bushed!! (And to top it all off, their a/c is on the fritz!!) I did sort photos, dusted, and bugged Mom and Donna to clear off the clutter! Did some laundry too. Things looked good when we left.

Saturday night was the wedding reception for Trevor Bell - who married Jennifer Marshall. Funny story - the first year I went to camp with Phoebe, Jennifer was a 3 week old infant whose mom was in charge of cooking - and there she was with a new baby!! (So much for all the lame excuses we hear!) Her mom said it was easier to be at camp than to be home with her 3 boys!! (A lot of young women stood in line to take turns holding the baby too!)

I was thinking maybe Trevor wouldn't remember me - but he said, "Of course I remember you - Sister Friendly!!" I must confess, that really warmed the old cockles of my heart!


Sunday Bonny, Bruce and girls came out - we supped at Harry and Dawn's - their cousin Samantha was with them too - she's going to camp with Ara and Bonny.


As usual, the attic was where the action was!


Esme and Eve are contemplating a fun few days together!


Baby Harry took a long, late nap - so he was eating dinner while Greg was working on his dessert!.


We think this is a Power Ranger costume - Annika was loving it.


Ara and her cousin bid adieu!


Bonny and Bruce hustled home to get ready for the next phase of the adventure that is going to Girls' Camp.


"So long, farewell, . . ."


"Have fun!"

No comments: