Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Two thumbs up!"


Dad and I saw this last night - and it was great!! All the positive reviews are so right on!!

Meryl Streep is amazing - she became Julia Child.

Hannah and Robbie - you will want to see it for the Paris shots alone!!

I may have to break out my copy of Mastering the Art of French Cooking and get going.

Funny story about my copy - when Bonny was a baby, Harry didn't have her give me a Mother's Day gift. I was a little miffed. And told him so.

So the next year, Bonny and little Harry, who had joined the family, gave me the book - it's inscribed "Dear Mom, We love you!" (Actually there are no exclamation points!!)

I'm serious - you need to see this - I need to buy it too!!

4 comments:

Alice said...

Can't wait to see it.

bonny with a Y said...

i read my life in france - i so want to see the movie - i always hoped i'd run into julia child when i lived in SB - but no such luck.

Phoebe said...

I saw it last week and really loved it. Now I am in search of more of Julia Child's bios.

Donna said...

I saw this movie with Joan Jeanette and Michelle the day it came out I even left work early (11 am) to go. We all loved it. She was really good doing Julia Child. I dont know if I could ever cook like that seems like alot of work!!