Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Monday morning - coming around again!!


I was out of school for 2 days, taking care of Noah - or at least his meals and his laundry - and so there was a little bit of "culture shock" to go back to school today. However, like riding a bike, it all comes back pretty quickly.

It wasn't too chaotic, because I had the kids watch movies - they were related to what we have been studying, and the students have to write paragraphs about them - so at least there weren't a ton of papers strewn about the room - as there often is when a sub is there.

But the file cabinet drawer where all the IEP's are kept wouldn't close. So I transferred all the IEP's to another file drawer. And there were about 20 emails to answer. And tests to correct - in addition to a movie, the classes all had their regular Friday spelling and vocabulary tests. And I usually do the Interactive Reader in the collaborative science class I'm doing, and I had done it a week ago - but my science is really rusty - especially the physics variety - so I felt like I was standing up there speaking a foreign language. Thankfully the students are not always very awake first period, so I don't think anyone noticed. Finally, there was a new laptop for a student of mine that Beth and I had to figure out. It's not strictly a laptop, but a "notepad" computer - but not an iBook!

And Harry dropped me off because we had to take my car in for new tires.

A real Monday if you ask me!

No comments: