Friday, March 25, 2011

The Way We Were!


I never want to forget these wonderful young women who were my college roommates.

Front to back, Marlene, Joy, Marcia, Barb - I guess Pat took the photo - Fall, 1964, Heritage Halls stream.

And I hope we can continue to be in contact with one another. We had a round robin letter for over 15 years, but even that "bit the dust" to quote a somewhat hackneyed idiom. Supposedly we were going to email - we even started a blog - but the communication is sporadic now. (Actually, sometimes the "letter" took over a year to go around, so that is actually pretty sporadic I suppose!)

Pat, Marlene, Marcia, Barb, Joy - Summer 1991

But last Saturday I got an email from Marcia - she is smack in the middle of the group in the photo above - and her daughter is a fan of Kacy's blog, and she had guessed that the Barbara Terrill in Kacy's post called "Momness" was her mom's old roommate, so Marcia was forwarding that info on to me - thinking that maybe I hadn't seen it.

It's still a small world - I don't ever want to forget that!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Barbara, you have been doing such a great job blogging everyday. Always something to laugh or think about!

Kathleen said...

I LOVE ROOMMATES!! (especially the one I have now :-)

I got together with a handful of old roommates the other week, and it made me so happy!

Janelle said...

whoops...that was Janelle who commented about loving roommates--not her lovely mother Kathleen.

grannybabs said...

Janelle - good to hear from you - even via your mom - sorry about our rain and chill but sounds like this is fun time to be here with your fam!!