Thursday, January 31, 2013

On becoming a grandmother


16 years ago today, Harry and I became grandparents for the first time.  I recall how Harry announced in church that Sunday that it would be okay to call me Grandma - that I would be happy to answer to that name now!!

I was working at Wildrose School, and we'd had many calls from Bonny and Bruce as Ara took her time coming!!  It was so great to look up and see Harry heading towards me - I knew he finally had the news we'd been waiting for!!

Bonny and Bruce had not found out the gender, so that was exciting to hear.  And Ara went a few days without a name.  Of course, that's almost a Terrill tradition!!

I went and spent a few days with Bonny, Bruce, and Ara.  They had only been in their new home for a couple of months, so it was fun to discover a new place.  The weather was beautiful as only California Januarys can be, and Ara had some jaundice, so we enjoyed some infant "sunbathing!!"

All of our grandchildren are unique, wonderful children.  But the first grandchild enjoys a special place in the line up - and Ara certainly fills that place with grace and beauty!

No comments: