Monday, January 14, 2013

What I love about Monrovia -


As I drive up and down Hillcrest on my rounds here in Monrovia, I pass this house with the lovely poinsettias growing at the side.  Finally stopped and took a picture.  I have always wanted a large poinsettia growing against my wall.  I have gotten one to grow maybe to 2 feet, but they don't bloom.  Often people I meet who have them talk about how they want to chop them down.  I suspect this woman likes them - because I see her working in yard and tending to her flowers and plants.  If she didn't want them, I'm sure she'd have cut them down.

Meanwhile, I enjoy the view!

2 comments:

Alice said...

In Nepal, pointsettas grew to be over 8 feet tall and were around the compound as a privacy hedge. They were huge. However, I have never been able to keep one growing after Christmas.

grannybabs said...

Maybe we need to import some from Nepal!!