Monday, January 28, 2013

Saying good bye to a friend


Dad and I attended the funeral service for Lynn Ipsen on Friday.  Long ago Dad was his home teacher, and later he performed the wedding ceremony for Lynn and Bonnie.  About 11 or 12 years ago, Dad, Harry, Dawn, Hannah, Noah, and I went to the Sierras and rented a cabin for the weekend.  We hiked and fished and played Scrabble as I remember.  That's when I got ink in my mouth!!

On our way home, we stopped to see the Ipsens in Bishop and had lunch with them.  Another connection you can make is that Lynn's family owned Ferraros Juices, that used to have a building on Magnolia.

Before his death, he had requested that everyone promise to not cry at his funeral and to have a great time together.  It was a very upbeat service, and those in attendance seemed to take comfort from the remarks that many shared.

It was a nice way to say good-bye.

No comments: