Friday, January 25, 2013

The Happiest Place on Earth!!


This was a few years ago - for instance, Phoebe and David only have 2 kids in this shot.  But I'm not good with years.  It was the year that we were in charge of the Terrill reunion - and we thought, "Hey, everyone comes to SoCal to go to Disneyland, so let's have the reunion there."

Not a bad premise I suppose.  But no one but us came.  It's tough not to have a good time at Disneyland, especially when you have most of your family with you - not sure where Harry and Dawn were - so it's not like we were all grumpy about it.

But I'm pretty sure this was the last time I was at Disneyland.

Seems like I'm just about the only person I know who doesn't get excited about going to Disneyland.  The older I get, the less inclined I am to enjoy spending large sums of money to go spend the day walking around an amusement park - since I'm not a fan of rides at amusement parks.

But I am totally aware of the joy it brings to others - and I'm happy to support the achievement of that joy.  I have been known to babysit the babies while the others went.  And I've loaned out my car.

Just by way of explaining the above photo!!


1 comment:

Eliza said...

I remember that day. It was REALLY hot! And fun.

My kids haven't been to Disney yet. One of these times we will go! I'd better start saving up now...